Thursday, April 28, 2011

Maintenance

So I've really been enjoying maintenance!  And I'm under my last drop day weight by 2 lbs :D.
Three fun things that I've experienced on maintenance are this:
1) I went clothes shopping for Easter and I got a smaller size of clothing off of the rack thinking that it should be about the correct size because I didn't actually know what size I was...but I was a little concerned that it would be too small...IT WAS TOO BIG! :D So I went down 3 sizes in my first round :D.
2) We moved and in that I sorted through both my husband and my clothing!  We tried on every piece of clothing we owned...and SO MUCH of it was swimming on us.  It was super fun.
3) I have had a big box of clothes that I have kept of clothes that used to fit me.  I kept the classy stuff that never goes out of style.  Anyway, went to try them all on and found that 75% of them either fit me or were too big! :D YAY.

We have really worked at changing our eating patterns and you know what I've been noticing on maintenance?
1) I crave things like an apple and cheese for a snack. I used to be a real bread and pasta kind of girl.  I also love raisins, pecans, and chocolate chips for a snack (all organic and the nuts raw of course :D)
2) yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I had a bite of cake...didn't even taste that good to me...and I really didn't like the sugar.
3) we really really notice when we don't eat organic.  Even the kids notice. Their tummies don't like it.
4) I've been making a smoothie every morning out of coconut milk (my new fav), whole orange (minus skin), carrot, kale, and a frozen berry (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, and/or blackberry) mmmmmmm SO GOOD!
5) I have always stayed far away from dairy products.  My body does not like them so much. However, I have been trying raw cheeses and organic cheeses, yogurt, cream cheese, cottage cheese, and cream for my coffee. Not one problem  In fact my body LOVES them.
6) I have noticed that if I eat organic...I mean bread, meat, cheese (nothing low fat)...as long as it's organic...I do not gain any weight...I even lose some. However, if I eat the same items only not organic I gain weight like it's going out of style.
7) not to push the whole organic thing but I never used to eat apples because they made me sick to my stomach not I eat organic apples all the time and kind of crave them even.  It really is a very interesting thing.

We both feel so good! I've been walking the dog at the dog park twice a day and loving it.  I can feel that my stride is stronger and I don't get tired as easily.  I have way more energy.
Really...it's all good. Well worth it.
My perspective on food has changed too. Don't get me wrong...Food still HAS to taste good or there is not point in eating it but I have broadened my tastes and I eat less food but much better quality food and really enjoy what I'm eating.
Have you ever noticed that when you are full food doesn't actually taste good. And since I'm eating food that my body recognizes as food the cravings are not there.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment