Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cough Drops? Really?

I am in Round 2 So far I have lost 40 lbs total. It's GREAT!  I was losing weight like a bullet train this round when all of a sudden I GAINED 3 lbs! 3 lbs! That's a lot. And the only thing I could think of is I have a cold and I bought some "sugar free" cough drops and forgot to read that ingredient list! BIG MISTAKE! May I re-emphasize that...BIG MISTAKE! Oh and I took liquid Claritin because I was having trouble breathing due to allergies AND the cold.  As I was swallowing I thought to me-self..."wonder if there is sugar in here?" YEP there was...last ingredient. And then I read the ingredient list on the cough drops... aspartame AND sorbitol (which is another word for sugar!)No sugar indeed! So then I decided to go on Youtube and see if anyone on the HCG diet had experienced the same thing...sure enough and with the exact same cough drops!
It just goes to show ya...this is a science that cannot be messed with even when you're sick and not thinking straight...ya gotta be on your game!
And by the way...I gained 3 lbs yesterday and only lost .4 today.  I had been losing a pound or more a day! Grrrrrrrrrrrr and double Grrrrrrr all over cough drops that really didn't work that well to begin with.
LESSON LEARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment