Thursday, March 31, 2011

Apple Chips

So this week I've been experimenting with making apple chips.  Yesterday I finally got it (by following my husband's added directions from the cookbook (The HCG Diet Gourment Cookbook). A side note of HCG cookbooks...one listed above is the one that I have found that follows the diet exactly and doesn't add things that one shouldn't eat...as this is an exact science and cheating really sets you back about 5 days and you only have 40 to begin with...this cookbook has been invaluable to us.
Ok so back to the super duper yummy apple chips.
I peeled the organic apples and then I cut them in very thin slices around the core (so on all 4 sides).  I heated the oven to 230 degrees F. Put the apples on culinary parchment paper and sprinkle with Cinnamon.  I had added stevia to my last batch but we found it better without.  Then I baked the apples for about and hour and 15 minutes. I checked them every 15 minutes.  Let them cool...they get crispier as they cool.
ENJOY! I'll have to take a picture and add it later when I do the next batch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment